1. Plant Development of the Water System

    In 1914, with the industrial development of the Aluminum Company of America’s (now Alcoa, Inc.) local plant, the City of Alcoa’s water system began to evolve.

  2. City of Alcoa Assumes & Expands Water System

    As part of Alcoa, Inc.’s continuing policy of turning the operation of the company town of Alcoa over to its residents, the City of Alcoa assumed ownership and operation of the water system on January 4, 1960.