One of the outstanding contributions made by Alcoa Inc. for recreation was the donation of the land for the building of a golf course, which became the Green Meadow Country Club. Located on Louisville Road, the construction of the first nine holes was begun in 1924 and opened for play in the early summer of 1925. Mr. E.F. Ames was the Club’s first president. A new Club House was opened in 1957 and an additional nine holes were completed and opened for play in the late summer of 1958. Still in use today, the Club is now privately owned. Westgate is a relatively newer subdivision near Green Meadow.