Due to the significant amount of public funds expended each year, the Support Services Division is guided in its purchasing procedures by several established objectives. These objectives are:
1. To conduct all purchasing in accordance with Tennessee Law, City Charter, City of Alcoa Code, and the Uniform Commercial Code as adopted by the State of Tennessee.
2. To comply with the City and National Institute of Governmental Purchasing Code of Ethics.
3. To timely acquire and deliver in the proper place the right quantity and quality of goods and services at the right prices consistent with the needs of the City and its Departments.
4. To stimulate competitive bidding in order to obtain from capable suppliers, goods and services at the lowest possible cost and to provide all interested vendors with equal opportunity to offer their products/services to the City.
5. To treat all vendors fairly.
6. To initiate and maintain effective and professional, public, vendor and agency relationships.
7. To avoid becoming obligated to any supplier or to engage in any City transaction from which personal benefit may be directly or indirectly derived.