Sitting in the backyard of the University of Tennessee, Knoxville, Alcoa and Blount County host a number of public schools and higher education opportunities. To attend school in the Alcoa City School System, a child must be five years of age to enroll in kindergarten and six years old to enter first grade (both ages as of September 30, in the year of matriculation). Enrollment requirements include:
- Certified copy of birth certificate
- Immunization record on the Tennessee required green form (inoculations against polio, tetanus, measles, diphtheria, and whooping cough)
- Proof of physical exam (on Tennessee green form above)
- Copy of Social Security card (or proof of application)
- Proof of residence (utility bill, phone bill, cable bill, rental agreement)*
- Proof of guardianship (where applicable)
*Students living outside Alcoa City limits must pay a $500 per year tuition as well as fill out an application at the school they wish to attend. Please call (865) 984-0531 for more information.
Alcoa City Schools
Alcoa Education Building
524 Faraday Street Alcoa, TN 37701
Colleges and Universities
For more information on other schools in Blount County, visit www.blountchamber.org.