About the Board
A seven-member board appointed by the Blount County Commission, the City of Alcoa Board of Commissioners and the Maryville City Council. The Board shall:
- Approve an annual budget
- Determine the mission, goals, programs objectives of the Library
- Employ a Library Director
- Follow legal, professional and ethical practices when making decisions and carrying out responsibilities
- Help secure adequate funds to carry out the Library's programs
- Report regularly to the public and governing officials
According to the Bylaws, by May 1 of each year the Board shall recommend to the Blount County Commission, the City of Alcoa Board of Commissioners and the Maryville City Council persons for membership in accordance with the provisions as set forth in the TCA 10-3-103(b)(1)(A) and 10-5-102.
Tennessee Code Annotated Section 10-3-101 et seq.