Welcome to Alcoa Electric Department
Each day the employees of the Alcoa Electric Department (AED) strive to deliver dependable, uninterrupted electrical service to over 30,000 Blount County customers, of which approximately 26,100 are residential. The system not only serves the City of Alcoa but also over 50% of Blount County. Our service area is both urban and rural. It includes the compact, urban communities such as Hall-Oldfield and Springbrook in Alcoa, residential suburbs like those of the Montvale Road and Raulston Road areas, pastoral settings of Wildwood, Ellejoy, Blockhouse, etc. and the varied terrain found along Chilhowee Mountain and in the Fox Hills and Bear Hollow areas of the County. We are one of the 153 distributors of Tennessee Valley Authority power - which allows us to offer some of the lowest electric rates in the nation.
In 2021, we celebrated our 65th anniversary as a city owned electric distribution system. Over the years, the line crews and electrical engineers at AED continue to improve upon systems and processes to bring electricity to the rural and mountainous areas of Blount County. As we grow to serve such an expanding part of East Tennessee, our goal is to exceed your expectations.
We encourage you to explore this site for more details on our services, rates, and other important information. If you have any questions or concerns, please call us at 865-380-4700.
Ryan Trentham P.E.
- Where are your offices located?
- What telephone number do I call in case of an outage?
- What areas does Alcoa Electric serve?
- How much is the deposit?
- Can I sign up for service over the phone?
- How can I save energy in my home?
- Does Alcoa Electric offer a surge protection program?
- What forms of payment are available to pay my bill?
- What do I do if my electric bill is high?
- Does Alcoa Electric offer budget billing?