Bank Draft Program
Save time and money with the City of Alcoa’s Bank Draft Program.
How to Enroll
To enroll in the Bank Draft Program, just follow these steps:
- You must have at least 6 months of on time payments before approval for this program.
- Complete and sign the Bank Draft Form (PDF).
- Mail or bring in the form along with a voided check to the City of Alcoa.
- If you need additional help or information about the program, please give us a call at 865-380-4700.
Important Program Information
- It may take 4-6 weeks for your bank draft to take effect. You will need to continue to pay your bill by another method until your bill states "Paid by Bank Draft".
- Once your bank draft has gone into effect, your bill will state the date of your draft. Each month, the draft date will be your due date unless it falls on a weekend or holiday. In that case, it would draft the following business day.
- Should a bank draft be returned as unpaid, you will be removed from the Bank Draft Program, and you will be charged the 5% penalty along with a $20 service fee.
- If you change financial organizations or change bank account numbers, it is your responsibility to inform the City of Alcoa. When making a change, you must complete and submit a new bank draft form with the required information for the new account. As stated above, it may take 4-6 weeks for your new bank draft to take effect. Please contact our office regarding the payment status of your current bank draft.
- To cancel your bank draft, must receive written notification 10 days prior to requested termination date.