**Food vendor applications are still being accepted**
Welcome to the growing FreedomFest 2018 Food Vendor lineup:
- Quick Fix Coffee - Iced and hot specialty coffees, iced Italian sodas and fruit smoothies
- Smoky Mountain Snow - Snow cones and pre-bagged kettle korn
- B & D Concessions aka Mother Shuckers - Char-burgers, hand-dipped corn dogs, french fries,chickenstrips, ribbon fryes, funnel cakes, tea and lemonade
- Chadwick's Creamery - Homemade gourmet ice cream in cone & cups
- Chuck's Concessions - Popcorn, nachos, hot dogs, cotton candy, shaved ice, tea, lemonade, soft drinks
- West Marketing / Italian Ice - Italian ice and kettle corn
- Rainbo Ice & Funnel Cakes - Funnel cakes, deep fried Oreos & Twinkies, shaved ice, soft drink
- Smoky Mountain Kettle Korn - Kettle Korn, funnel cakes, water
- Mamma Gallinas - Paninis, flatbread pizza, gelatos, grilled cheese sliders, nachos, cheese sticks, Italian lemonade, salads
- Blazing Flames Hot Dogs - Variety of hot dogs, brauts, chips, flavored popcorn, cotton candy, soft serve ice cream, drinks
- Williams' Foods - Gyro sandwich, chicken kabob, Maryland crab cakes, gyro platter, chicken salad, Greek sample platter
- Huff Farm Sweet Corn - Roasted sweet corn
- Artistic Pops - Gourmet popsicles
- Geno's - Burgers, hot dogs, pork, nachos, fries, smoked sausage
- Parrott's Concessions - Hot dogs, hamburgers, Italian sausage, funnel cakes, fries, drinks
FOOD VENDOR REGULATIONS
Food, Non-Alcoholic Beverages, Ice Cream Products, Approved Novelty Items
Vendors must provide the City of Alcoa with a copy of their Certificate of Insurance stating the limits of liabilities with the City
of Alcoa added as an additional insured for June 30, 2018. The minimum limit of liability is $1,000,000.
The City of Alcoa does require that you limit your sales to the product(s) approved on your application. NO EXCEPTIONS! If you attempt
to sell an item not listed on your application, you will be asked to stop or leave.
- Vendors shall be solely responsible for paying all sales taxes due the State of Tennessee and securing all licenses and permits.
Food items may only be sold from the assigned vending booth site or by an approved strolling vendor.
- Due to anticipated vehicular and pedestrian traffic in the area, all vendors must be checked-in and equipment on site no later than 5:00 p.m. and may not depart before 11:00 p.m.
- Sales may begin at completion of setup. For safety before and during the fireworks display, all sales must end and lighting turned off no later than 9:30 p.m. Vendors may resume sales at the end of the fireworks show. All sales must end at 11:00 p.m.
- Vendors must abide by all applicable regulations, fire rules and sanitation laws (proper grease disposal, etc.), including Blount County Health Department Guidelines and City of Alcoa Code Enforcement Guidelines.
- LP GAS/PROPANE TANKS – Each food vendor using LP Gas/Propane tank(s) must pass inspection by the City of Alcoa Fire Marshall. Inspections will take place on June 30, 2018 from 4:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. Maximum size for cylinder shall be 125 lbs. A maximum of two cylinders per site will be allowed. All cylinders shall be secured in the upright position to prevent accidental tipping and shall be protected from vehicular traffic.
- The Fire Marshall will inspect all booths - Fire extinguishers are required if the following conditions exist - In all booths where cooking operations are performed, fire extinguishers of the appropriate type and size shall be made available for use in the event of fire. All fire extinguishers must be a minimum of 2-A:10-B:C 5 LBS. All fire extinguishers shall be tagged and certified by a state licensed fire protection company and shall be in current compliance.
- All cooking operations shall be performed with safety as a top priority. Cooking performed with an open flame shall not be done under tents or in close proximity of combustible materials. Safeguards shall be taken to insure that hot surfaces are not in close proximity to the general public. All hot embers including, but not limited to wood and charcoal shall be properly disposed of before vendor leaves site. No hot embers shall be allowed to be in contact with grass or vegetation in any manner either while cooking or after cooking operations have been terminated.
- The FreedomFest site is limited in the amount of electrical outlets available. It is imperative that an itemized list of all equipment to be used (with wattage and amp requirements for each) be listed correctly on the application.
- There is limited 220 volt service available.
- Electricity may be provided only if noted on the application.
- Vendors shall have ample heavy duty, minimum 12-gauge copper extension cords with no splices and no longer than 100' for the 120 volt service. Please ensure they are in good condition.
- There will be no hard tail hookups allowed. All plugs must have OSHA approved ends.
- electrical outlets are of the GFCI type. Please check to see if your equipment will operate on a GFCI before coming to the FreedomFest. No exceptions will be made in regard to the safety of the public.
- The use of generators is prohibited
- Attached is a picture of the Duck Pond electrical boxes showing the outlets available. If you have a plug that will not fit one of these outlets, you must advise the City in advance or else electricity may not be available to you. If a vendor requires installation of any special fixtures, plugs, etc. – they will be responsible for installation and removal of the same, scheduling of inspections, etc.
WATER, SANITARY SEWER, and ICE
- The Blount County Health Department requires each vendor to supply their own hot and cold water supply. They will accept pots of hot and cold water. Vendors are responsible for providing their own supply. If your equipment does not have running water, please bring some means of storing and heating your own water. The City of Alcoa will not be held responsible.
- No sanitary sewer service will be provided vendors. A grey water dump will not be available
- Vendors must provide their own ice.
- Trash receptacles will be provided.
- Trash must be bagged and all vendors are required to supply their own garbage bags.
- All vendors will be responsible for site clean up and removal of surplus products, equipment, oil, boxes, pallets, etc.
NOTE: Failure to remove equipment/trash by the time required will result in impoundment and/or disposal by the City of Alcoa.
Vendor will be imposed a $500.00 penalty and will not be considered for future events.
BOOTHS AND FEESThe vendor area will be located along Springbrook Road between Alcoa Middle School and the Duck Pond.
- Fees - $225.00 for a food vendor booth. Booth sites are 20’ x 20’. Those requiring additional space may rent a second booth for $125.00.
- “Strolling vendors” or “Cart vendors” - Fee for vendors not confined to a physical location, will be $200.00 for up to 2 strollers or 2 carts. All strolling and cart vendors will be issued identification that will be required to be visible at all times.
- Vendors with cart type of setup shall remain at the site assigned and may not move their cart to a different location.
- Vendors may set up booths between 2:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. on Saturday, June 30, 2018 with all vehicles removed from the site by 5:00 p.m. Vendor parking is located nearby. Sales may begin upon the completion of setup and continue until 11:00 p.m. For the safety of the vendors and public, OPERATIONS MUST CEASE from 9:30 p.m. until the completion of the fireworks show after which vendors may again operate until no later than 11:00 p.m. Operations will cease at 11:00 p.m.
- Vendors may not begin breakdown before 10:00 p.m. All vehicles and equipment must be removed from the event site by midnight.
- Vendors must contain all equipment, supplies and storage space within their space.
- Nothing may be hung on or attached to trees, utility poles, street sign posts, etc.
- Booths must be of sound construction, free-standing, and must not obstruct others.
- Parking for vendors will be nearby.
- Parking permits will be sent with your confirmation notice and must be visible.
- Do not ask FreedomFest to hold checks; fees are deposited upon receipt. All fees must be paid in advance in order to be considered for participation in FreedomFest 2018 and must be in the form of a check or money order.
- If you are not selected to participate, your booth fees will be refunded in full. If you are selected but decide not to participate, you must notify Tricia Tipton, Special Projects Coordinator, 223 Associates Blvd., Alcoa, TN 37701-1948 in writing no later than June 8, 2018. Refunds will be not be made after this date for any reason.
- FreedomFest 2018 reserves the right to refuse any application and to withdraw acceptance of any application under which circumstances vendor’s booth fees will be refunded in full by June 8, 2018. FreedomFest 2018 reserves the right to restrict or prohibit any activities determined by the FreedomFest staff to interfere with public access and/or event programming, or which will reflect poorly on the overall event.
FreedomFest 2018 is a rain or shine event. Vendors should be prepared to continue in the case of light rain. In the case of heavy rain, FreedomFest will consider electrical hazards, logistical requirements, vendors’ needs, and the requirements of performing artists in making any decision about suspension or cancellation of any part or the entire event. No refunds will be made due to inclement weather, any other cause that is beyond the control of FreedomFest, or the vendors’ decision not to participate.