The City of Alcoa Public Works department will be accepting applications for the position of Custodian. This position requires manual work in cleaning and maintaining public buildings and their premises. Sweeps, mops, scrubs, waxes floors, dusts and cleans offices, washes windows and walls, cleans bathrooms, workshops, garage floors, etc. Additional tasks may include simple maintenance of building premises, routine cleaning and lubricating of heating and other equipment, moving of furniture, fixtures, etc. This position may progress to Maintenance Technician based on acquired skills and performance as a Custodian.
Minimum skills needed include:
- Experience in manual labor and general custodial work;
- Ability to understand and follow simple oral and written instructions;
- Ability to perform manual labor for extended periods;
- Working knowledge of equipment, materials and supplies used in building and grounds maintenance;
- Working knowledge of equipment and supplies used to do minor repairs;
- Preferred skills include general electrical, plumbing and/or HVAC maintenance experience.
Starting hourly rate DOE/DOQ. Excellent benefits. Interested individuals must complete an application online at www.cityofalcoa-tn.gov. Applications need to be submitted by 4:30 pm on October 5, 2019.
The City of Alcoa is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ADA / ADEA / Title VI Compliant. Please no phone calls.