City of Alcoa
Public Works Department
Sanitation Worker I
The City of Alcoa Public Works department will be accepting applications for Sanitation Worker I within the Sanitation, Streets, Landfill and Water divisions. These positions perform a variety of tasks in support of municipal operations and services. Employees are responsible for performing work of a heavy manual nature while working outdoors in inclement weather.
Minimum skills needed include:
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret written communications;
- Ability to respond to verbal inquiries from management, staff, and customers;
- Ability to effectively present information verbally and/or in writing;
- Knowledge of proper lifting techniques;
- Ability to understand and follow simple oral and written instructions;
- Ability to perform very heavy manual labor for extended periods, often under unfavorable climatic conditions;
- Ability to learn new procedures and to apply the same to a variety of tasks.
Starting hourly rate is $12.87 DOE. Interested Applicants must complete an application online at www.cityofalcoa-tn.gov. Applications need to be submitted by 4:30 pm on Friday, March 19, 2021.
The City of Alcoa is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ADA / ADEA / Title VI Compliant. Please no phone calls.