News Flash Home
The original item was published from 10/18/2021 1:41:14 PM to 11/12/2021 5:05:05 PM.
Posted on: October 18, 2021
[ARCHIVED] GIS Analyst
Additional Info and Application...
GIS Analyst (Open Positions: 1)
Closes On: November 12, 2021 at 04:00 PM EST
Department: Public Works
Job Status: Full-Time
Days Worked: Mon., Tue., Wed., Thu., Fri.
Status: Open until filled
Definition of Class
This is professional engineering-related work that requires experience in the work of Geographic Information System (GIS) and some Computer Aided Drafting (CAD). This position will create and maintain facility & utility GIS geodatabases that will support various municipal functions including but limited to; streets, drainage facilities, water and wastewater systems, and solid waste collection and disposal facilities. Employees in this class work under limited supervision. Work originates upon assignment / request from Director / Engineering supervisor(s) and other departments. Routine tasks are expected to be completed with little or no direct supervision. This is a safety-sensitive position.
Essential Duties Performed
- Works under the direction and guidance of the Director and/or other designated personnel;
- Receives, scans and catalogs as-built (record) drawings in the department’s engineering drawing filing system;
- Manages, edits, shares and maintains data/information in the City of Alcoa Geographic Information System (GIS);
- Creates and updates subject matter maps, related visual products and reports;
- Provides technical assistance to the general public and other governmental personnel;
- Assists the general public, outside consultants and internal customers with predefined and custom map requests;
- Performs quality assurance and quality control on data layers and make corrections as needed;
- Manages utilities geodatabases in support of facilities inventory, GASB 34 accounting, systems modeling, data security and edit control;
- Create and maintain GIS spatial data, perform spatial analysis for projects, create visual & cartographic output;
- Utilizes and maintains automated GUI and data import systems in support of GIS systems;
- Execute and maintain uniform business rules in the input, maintenance and exporting of GIS data;
- Works overtime as required;
- Subject to call-in for specified emergencies;
- Reports to work as scheduled and on time, even under inclement weather conditions.
Minimum Education Requirements
- Bachelors degree in Geography, Computer Science, related field or
- A combination of education and experience equivalent to a minimum of five (5) years of progressive experience in municipal engineering and/or GIS services.