Closes On: June 3, 2022 at 05:00 PM EST
Job Status: Full-Time
Shift: 2:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Days Worked: Mon., Tue., Wed., Thu., Fri.
Rate of Pay: $31,825.45 - $52,149.69
Definition of Class
The hours for this position are 2:00p.m. – 10:00p.m. Monday through Friday. This shift is entitled to shift differential compensation. This position will be required to work in a dispatch standby rotation after training is completed. Standby rotation occurs every 7-8 weeks. Hours will be from 10:00p.m. – 6:30a.m. beginning on Thursday through the following Wednesday AND 24/7 Saturdays and Sundays.
Work is performed under the general supervision of the Electric Services Supervisor. This position is safety-sensitive and will require periodic random and unannounced drug testing.
DEFINITION OF CLASS
This position is responsible for the monitoring and safe operation of the Electric Department’s distribution and sub-transmission power systems, through a combination of operational software including but not limited to: OMS (Outage Management System), SCADA (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition), and AMI (Advanced Metering Infrastructure). Utilizing these resources, the Dispatcher will triage reports of outages and dispatch adequate staff to respond immediately. Along with other miscellaneous tasks, this position will also schedule weekly service work for disconnecting / connecting new customers.
Essential Duties Performed
- Triages electric outages via the Outage Management System and dispatches electric personnel accordingly;
- Provides outage restoration status updates to fellow City staff and customers;
- Sufficient operation of SCADA to provide support to Electric line crews and engineers;
- Assist Dispatch Coordinator in scheduling weekly service crew work for disconnecting / connecting new service requests for customers;
- Receives and processes customer inquiries, requests and complaints;
- Advises customers by phone on billing, collection and service procedures;
- Maintains accurate outage records by inputting proper cause codes in OMS when closing an outage;
- Routinely prepares various outage reports, graphs, and reliability indicators;
- Communicates with personnel in the field by two-way radio;
- Assists supervisor(s) in miscellaneous data collection and input;
- Serves standby duty and subject to call-in during outages and emergencies;
- Must report to work as scheduled and on time.
OTHER DUTIES PERFORMED
- Maintains central filing system;
- May perform limited janitorial activities including building maintenance items;
- Covers other shifts as assigned;
- Performs related work as required;
- Serves as a member of various employee teams.
Minimum Education Requirements
- Graduation from high school or equivalent;
- Post high school academic work in business, engineering or computer would be helpful;
- Three-to-five (3 to 5) years experience in utility call handling, dispatching, or collection and customer service operation.