Closes On: July 1, 2022 at 04:30 PM EST
Job Status: Full-Time
Shift: 7:45 AM - 4:45 PM
Days Worked: Mon., Tue., Wed., Thu., Fri.
Rate of Pay: $14.00 -
Definition of Class
|This is office and clerical work which follows well-established policies and procedures. Employees in this class are responsible for performing definable tasks involving established procedures and technical knowledge of a work area. Employees in this class do not exercise supervision over subordinate employees. This position requires a general amount of data entry, 10-key, and other office machine skills. Employees usually work under general supervision with advice readily available for those occurrences that do not fit established procedure. This position reports to the Business Office Manager.|
Essential Duties Performed
|• Answers telephone and handles customer inquiries;|
• Waits on customer at window;
• Completes a wide variety of simple and complex arithmetic calculations;
• Serves as collector/cashier, credits account and enters data into computer for utility billing, taxes, business licenses, animal licenses, beer permits, public works invoices and landfill permits, and issues receipts as needed;
• Balances cash drawer against receipts and maintains records for all deposits;
• Serves as relief switchboard operator;
• Issues and processes Business Licenses;
• Issues and processes Beer Permits applications;
• Processes and classifies business tax applications;
• Advises customer on billing, collection and service procedures and problems;
• Receives customer inquiries and complaints by telephone or in person;
• Receipts insufficient check payments and notifies Customer Service of payments;
• Prepares and maintains business tax and property tax records and files;
• Prepares, maintains and processes State Tax Relief applications and vouchers;
• Prepares, maintains and processes peddlers, solicitors, and transient vendors licenses;
• Maintains cemetery records and handles inquiries;
• Handles petty cash and processes contingency funds from other departments;
• Issues customer letters when necessary;
• Receives and distributes incoming mail, processes outgoing mail and returns mail;
• Receives and processes night drop and bank payments, balances accordingly;
• Researches and corrects errors in customer accounts;
• Prepares rereads for electric and water meters, advises customers on results;
• Handles customer inquiries on meter test, advises customer on results;
• Maintains cut-off list of accounts and notifies other departments of payments;
• Handles off-site payment processes – Online, Metavante, and Phone Payments
• Must be willing to learn other jobs and/or work in other departments as assigned by Supervision.
• Must report to work as scheduled and on time.
OTHER DUTIES PERFORMED
• Provides backup to related positions within division and to outside divisions and departments;
• Serves as a member of various employee teams.
Minimum Education Requirements
|• Graduation from a high school or GED equivalent with specialized course work in general office practices, or|
• Two (2) years of responsible related experience, or any equivalent combination of related education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
|NECESSARY KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES -|
• Working knowledge of computers and electronic data processing;
• Some knowledge of bookkeeping terminology, methods, procedures and equipment;
• General knowledge of standard office procedures, practices and equipment;
• Ability to quickly make accurate arithmetic computations;
• Ability to effectively meet and deal with the public;
• Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing;
• Ability to handle stressful situations.
• Must be able to function successfully as a contributing member of a high efficiency team.