The City of Alcoa reminds residents and visitors that there will not be a FreedomFest Celebration in June or July 2022. The Intermediate School expansion, Marconi Blvd. final repairs, Greenway Trail maintenance, and other construction projects will impede the parking, traffic, and walkability of Springbrook Rd.
The City of Alcoa also reminds all residents and visitors of the City of Alcoa Fireworks Ordinance:
DISCHARGE OF FIREWORKS
Fireworks - Alcoa Municipal Code - Title 7 Chapter 4
- It shall be unlawful to explode or use fireworks within the City of Alcoa except on July 3rd & 4th & on December 31st & January 1st of any given year.
- It shall be unlawful to use or explode fireworks within the corporate limits of the City of Alcoa earlier than 11:00 A.M. or later than 11:00 P.M., with the exception of New Year’s Day on which the time shall be no later than 1:00 A.M.
- It shall be unlawful to explode or ignite fireworks on or onto another person’s property unless permission is obtained from the owner or occupant of said property.
- It shall be unlawful to explode or ignite fireworks within six hundred feet (600’) of any church, hospital, funeral home, public or private school, or within two-hundred feet (200’) of where fireworks are stored, sold, or offered for sale.
- It shall be unlawful to ignite or discharge fireworks from or within a motor vehicle. It shall be unlawful for any person to place or throw any ignited article of fireworks into or at a motor vehicle, or at or near any person or group of persons.
For questions or additional information, please contact (865) 380-4700.