Closes On: December 9, 2022 at 05:00 PM EST
|Department:||Public Works Administration|
|Days:||Mon., Tue., Wed., Thu., Fri.|
|Rate of Pay:||$44,995.53 - $71,932.12|
Definition of Class
|This is professional and technical work that requires working knowledge in Computer Aided Design (CAD). This position will aid in preparation of design drawings and plans production that will support various municipal functions. Employees in this class work under the supervision of the design engineer or designated supervisor. Work originates upon assignment / request from supervisor(s) and other departments. Employee in this class is expected to learn to exercise considerable independent judgement developing the specific work methods and procedures required to maintain the City of Alcoa CAD standards. This is a safety-sensitive position|
Essential Duties Performed
- Edits, creates and maintains City of Alcoa CAD standards;
- Assists in survey field work to support drawing development;
- Processes survey data and creates survey files;
- Uses project documentation and survey data to produce record drawings;
- Collaborates with engineering, utilities, streets, landfill, and other departments as needed to produce design drawings;
- Works overtime as required;
- Subject to call-in for specified emergencies;
- Reports to work as scheduled and on time, even under inclement weather conditions.
OTHER DUTIES PERFORMED
- Performs manual labor in the performance of the tasks outlined above;
- Operates automotive equipment;
- Serves on various employee teams as assigned;
- Performs related work as required;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education Requirements
- Associates degree in engineering technologies, geography, GIS, surveying, computer science, or related field and working knowledge of the CAD Software; or
- A combination of education and experience equivalent to a minimum of (3) three years of progressive experience in CAD-related field.